how to take screenshot in laptop: The procedures for taking screenshots on a laptop are simple to learn.
You will need to take screenshots on your laptop throughout a routine workday or during your classes to capture your work, most likely before it reaches its final form. you’re using a Windows laptop/PC, you can take screenshots of almost anything on the screen and save them as JPG or PNG files for later use. The processes for taking screenshots on PCs, on the other hand, differ depending on the programme. Windows laptops have their own set of techniques or instructions for taking screenshots, which might be a little tricky if you’re not familiar with them. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! All of the procedures to capture a screenshot on Windows 10/11/Windows 7 laptops or PCs, as well as Macintosh, are described here. The procedures are simple to master.
How to Take Screenshots on a Windows 10/11 laptop or Desktop Computer
On Windows 10 laptops and PCs, there are several ways to snap a screenshot. On Windows 7 laptops, the processes for taking a screenshot are the same. Take a look at this:
How To Take Screenshot in Laptop
1. Using the App, take a screenshot on a Windows 7/10/11 laptop.
To take any screenshot, both Windows 10/11 and Windows 7 provide a separate app named ‘Snipping Tool.’ Without first copying it into another software, the app takes a snapshot and saves it as an image file.
- To do so, go to the Start Menu and type Snipping Tool into the search box.
- The programme will launch with choices like ‘New,’ ‘Mode,’ ‘Delay,’ ‘Cancel,’ and ‘Options.’
- Users will be able to snap a screenshot on a laptop in whichever format they like using the New button (freeform, without any preset dimension or shape).
- The ‘Mode’ option, on the other hand, lets you select the shape of the snapshot you desire, ranging from full screen to rectangular to free-form.
- The ‘Cancel’ button will stop the operation, whilst the ‘Delay’ option allows you to specify a timer for taking a screenshot.
2. Use this key to print the screen in Windows.
Apart from the app, the ‘PrtScn’ key on a Windows laptop allows users to take a screenshot of what’s on the screen. This feature may be used to print the screen on both Windows 10 and Windows 7 computers. Windows 11 Tips & Tricks Official.
- The PrtScn key is generally found in the keyboard’s top-right corner.
- Press the key to copy a snapshot of the laptop’s complete screen to a clipboard, which you may subsequently paste into Paint, Microsoft Word, or any other image-editing tool.
- On certain computers, the Function key labelled as ‘Fn,’ may be required to operate the button. On such PCs, use Fn+PrtScn to snap a screenshot.
3. Using Alt+PrtScn, take a screenshot of the active window.
- Only the active window – the screen you’re working on — gets copied to the clipboard using this option, which you may then paste into another application.
- To capture a screenshot on a Windows 7 or Windows 10 laptop, press the PrtScn button while holding down the ‘Alt’ key.
4. To capture a snapshot of a specified area, press Windows key+Shift+S.
- If you want to record a specific section, hit Windows + Shift+S at the same time.
- The screen will fade and the mouse cursor will become a drag.
- Choose whatever part of the image you wish to save.
- The screenshot will be transferred to your clipboard, where you may paste it into any software that can handle images.
5. Using Windows key+PrtScn, save the screenshot directly to your PC.
- If you don’t want to copy the snapshot to the clipboard, save it as an image file with the Windows key+PrtScn shortcut command on your Windows laptop.
- When you press the keys, a snapshot of the full screen is taken and saved in the “Pictures” folder, under the “Screenshots” subdirectory.
6. Press the Windows key + G.
- On a Windows laptop, this option is for gamers who wish to snap a screenshot.
- While playing the game, hold down the Windows and G keys together to activate a game overlay.
- To capture a screenshot, click the camera icon or press the Windows key + Alt + PrtScn keys.
- The snapshot will be saved in a subdirectory called “Captures” under the “Videos” folder.
- Those playing games on Steam may snap screenshots by pressing F11, which can then be accessed from the ‘Steam’ folder.