How To Change Windows 11 Password: Here’s how to set a password in Windows 11 to protect your files and documents.
Your Windows 11 password is crucial even if your laptop doesn’t have a treasure map hidden deep inside. Microsoft offers you three alternatives for how to secure your device if you believe someone has your password (or if you just feel like changing it). We put each technique to the test and outlined the process for changing your password on Windows 11 in a few easy steps.
In Windows 11, you can always create a new password; we recommend choosing a unique mix of letters, numbers, and symbols. It’s usually recommended if these passwords are at least eight characters long, and while we recommend using an alphanumeric password format since it’s safer, you can also transform your password into a pin or photo that allows you to sign in to your Microsoft account faster. And, if you’re concerned about your privacy, learn how to use Chrome’s incognito windows.
Keep a watch out for Windows Hello, which allows you to sign in to your account using facial or fingerprint recognition. If you prefer the old-school technique, here’s how to set your Windows 11 password.
How to Change or create a password in Windows 11
1. Click the Start button in the lower-left corner of your screen.
2. From the list on the left, select Settings.
3. Choose Accounts.
4. From the menu, select Sign-in choices.
5. Click “Changing your Microsoft account password”, and click Change.
What is the procedure for changing your Microsoft password?
- Sign in using your current Microsoft account password. If you have forgotten your password, choose Forgot my password and follow the instructions. Alternatively, for more in-depth account sign-in concerns, visit How to Reset Your Microsoft Account Password.
- After you’ve logged in, go to Security.
- Choose Password security.
- Enter your existing password, then enter a new password and enter it again to confirm.
- Click the Save button.
We hope you’ve learned everything you need to know about changing your password in Windows 11. Check out our advice on How To Take Screenshot in Laptop: 5 Different Ways to Accomplish it on any Windows laptop.