Xiaomi 12 Pro buying guide: Xiaomi’s 12 Pro has arrived. Here’s what we know so far about the company’s flagship Smartphone for 2022.
Xiaomi 12 Pro Important points, Everything you need to know about Xiaomi’s Samsung Galaxy S22 and OnePlus 10 Pro competitors. At the time of writing, this is the most powerful phone produced by Xiaomi.
The Xiaomi 12 Pro has been officially released in India. At the time of writing, this was Xiaomi’s most powerful phone. Naturally, it comes with flagship-level hardware and cost to match. Xiaomi 12 Pro pricing in India begins at Rs 62,999. Regardless, Xiaomi’s latest phone continues to undercut Samsung and OnePlus, two brands with which it competes. The OnePlus 10 Pro starts at Rs 66,999, while the Samsung Galaxy S22 series starts at Rs 72,999.
While we work on our complete review to offer you a better understanding of the Xiaomi 12 Pro’s strengths and weaknesses, here’s a short 10-point comparison of Xiaomi’s Samsung Galaxy S22 and OnePlus 10 Pro rivals. Its specifications, features, and anything else you need to know about it.
Xiaomi 12 Pro Buying Guide, Everything You Need to Know: Top 10 Points
1. The Xiaomi 12 Pro features a smooth matte-finish glass back, however, Xiaomi does not specify the type. Couture Blue, Opera Mauve, and Noir Black are the three colourways available. For this review, we have the Opera Mauve version. It’s a lavender colour. Metal is used for the sides. It’s neither too thick nor too thin or light at 205g and 8.16mm. The weight distribution is accurate.
2. On the front, there’s a curved 6.73-inch 2K (1440p) LTPO E5 AMOLED display with a refresh rate of up to 120Hz (480Hz touch sampling) and a peak brightness of 1500nits. It is capable of displaying HDR10+ and Dolby Vision material. Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protects the screen, which features a tiny hole punch cut-out in the centre.
3. Qualcomm’s top-of-the-line Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 processor is combined with up to 12GB LPDDR5 RAM and up to 256GB UFS3.1 storage. Expansion of storage is not a possibility. The phone is powered by MIUI 13, which is based on Android 12.
4. A 4,600mAh battery with 120W rapid wired and 50W wireless charging powers the entire kit. The Xiaomi 12 Pro also supports 10W reverse wireless charging, so you can use it to charge other Qi-compatible phones and wireless earphones.
5. There are three cameras on the back of the Xiaomi 12 Pro: a 50MP primary (Sony IMX 707) sensor behind an f/1.9 aperture lens with OIS, a 50MP ultrawide-angle and a 50 MP portrait sensor rear an f/1.9 lens. The rectangular platform on which they are housed protrudes rather far. Up to 8k video recording (at 24fps) is possible on the phone.
6. There is a 32MP camera on the front. It has a maximum resolution of 1080p at 60 frames per second.
7. The phone is equipped with vapour chamber liquid cooling from Xiaomi. An in-screen fingerprint scanner handles biometrics. The phone boasts twin Harmon Kardon-tuned speakers. There is no jack for headphones.
8. The Xiaomi 12 Pro is compatible with 14 5G bands (n1/n3/n5/n7/n8/n20/n28/n38/n40/n41/n66/n77/n78/n79). Bluetooth 5.2 and Wi-Fi 6E are also supported.
9. The Xiaomi 12 Pro begins at Rs 62,999 in India for a model with 8GB RAM and 256GB storage. A model with 12GB RAM and 256GB storage would cost Rs 66,999.