how to remove a password from a PDF Files 2022, On Mobiles, Android, iPhone, Google Chrome, Windows, and Mac.
Your data will be safe since PDFs are password-protected
How to Remove a Password from a PDF File: How many times have you been upset when a PDF file opens and asks for a password before displaying the content? You most likely have no clue what the PDF password is, or it will take some time to figure it out or search for it. So you either waste that tedious time or abandon the file. Check out our PDF password remover online – there’s a free edition as well as a premium version.
If you’ve ever received a bank statement or a phone bill in PDF format, you’re aware that the majority of them are password secured. Because these PDF files contain private and sensitive information that requires password security, they must be password protected. It’s a pain to remember every PDF password, especially if you merely want to store these papers to email to your accountant to prepare tax returns. You can effortlessly remove passwords from PDF files to save them time and effort. It’s important to keep in mind that deleting passwords from PDF files necessitates first knowing the password.
(also see: How To Take Screenshot in Laptop: 5 Different Ways to Accomplish it on any Windows laptop)
Before we go into the techniques for removing the password from a PDF file, we’d like to stress out that these methods are only designed to make it easier for you to access PDF files. You can only erase the password from a PDF file if you already know it. With that said, read on to learn how to delete a password from a PDF file.
PDF Password security
PDF files are essential. There are several techniques for sharing documents over the internet, but one of the easiest is to utilise the Portable Document Format, also known as PDF files. These files include extensive information, photos, and can replicate whole documents in digital format. Another valuable feature of PDF files, similar to Microsoft Word, is the ability to safeguard its contents with a password. Banks, utility providers, and other organisations employ this function to secure your private information, such as your address and billing information, which may be found in such papers.
However, if you wish to share these papers with family members or your accountant, they may find it irritating to continually input the PDF password, particularly if you have shared multiple such documents with them.
How To Remove Password From PDF File
In Android Mobile, how can I remove the password from a PDF document?
In practice, many of us use our computers to access PDF files, although this isn’t always the case. You might only have your smartphone with you at times and need to view PDF files on the road. If you have to input the PDF password again and over again in this instance, it may become rather inconvenient. The good news is that you can get rid of it as well. Follow these instructions to remove the password from a PDF if you’re using an Android phone.
- PDF Utilities may be downloaded and installed through Google Play.
- Ascertain that you have already downloaded the PDF file from which you wish to erase the password.
- Tap Select next to Select PDF in the PDF utility app.
- When you’ve found your file, pick it and press the Start button. A pop-up window will appear, prompting you to enter the PDF password. Enter it and press OK.
- That’s all there is to it; simply return to the same location where the original PDF file was stored to view the new PDF file without password security.
How to Remove Password from PDF in iPhone
On iOS, you may delete the password from a PDF. This necessitates the use of a free tool called PDF Expert, but the password elimination feature is only available as part of premium membership. Fortunately, there is a one-week free trial, so you can get the work done quickly. The PDF Expert Pro subscription costs Rs. 4,099 a year, but if you remove passwords from all of your PDF files within a week, you can cancel without paying (enter the App Store > press your profile picture > Subscriptions > pick PDF Expert and then Cancel). If you’re okay with it, go with the following instructions.
- PDF Expert may be downloaded and installed on your iPhone. Open the Files folder from the main menu and find the PDF file you wish to remove the password from.
- Press the file to access it > input the password to unlock it > hit the three-dots symbol in the top-right corner > choose Change Password and tap Remove Password.
- This will disable the PDF file’s password security, so you won’t have to input it the next time you try to open it.
- If you purchased PDF Expert before the app transitioned to a subscription model, you will be able to use this functionality for free.
Using Adobe Acrobat DC to remove a PDF password (Subscription required)
Step 1: A paid membership to Adobe Acrobat DC, which provides these functionalities, is required for this operation. Open the Acrobat DC app after you’ve subscribed or enrolled for the trial.
Step 2: Go to the Tools menu, then choose Protect, Encrypt, then Remove Security.
Step 3: If the PDF requires a password to open, users must input the password before removing it. If there is a permissions password, they must input it again and click OK twice to remove the PDF password.
How to Remove a Password from a PDF Document Using Google Chrome
This is by far the simplest approach for deleting a password from a PDF file. All you need for this to function is a PC or a Mac with the Google Chrome browser installed, and you’re ready to go. Simply follow these steps:
- In Google Chrome, open your PDF file. It makes no difference where your PDF file is saved – in Gmail, Drive, or any other non-Google service like Dropbox, OneDrive, and so on — simply open it in Chrome.
- When you access the document for the first time, you’ll need to enter the password to unlock it.
- Your PDF file will be unlocked when you input the password. Give your computer the print command now. This will be Command + P for Mac users and Ctrl + P for Windows users. Alternatively, you may use the Print button in the top-right corner to print the document.
- Next, select Save as PDF as the Destination and click Save.
- This will save the PDF file locally on your computer, allowing you to access it without having to input the password.
- This strategy works with a variety of browsers, including Safari, Firefox, and Opera.
How to Remove a Password from a PDF File on a Mac
If you have a Mac and do not want to utilise a browser to erase the password from a PDF, you can try another method. Take the following steps:
- On your Mac, save the PDF file.
- Navigate to the Finder, find your file, then double-click it to open it in Preview.
- To unlock the PDF document, enter the password.
- Once your PDF file has been unlocked, go to File > Export as PDF, provide a file name and location, and then click Save.
- That’s all; the newly saved PDF file will no longer require a password.
You may remove the password from PDF files by following these simple steps. We understand that having to enter your password repeatedly might be aggravating at times, but you should know that this is only done to safeguard and secure your sensitive data from prying eyes on the internet. If this is how you prefer things to be, you now know what to do.