With the end of 2020 in sight, we’re all looking forward to a fresh start. But if you own one of the 40 smartphones on WhatsApp, you may have to make some preparations for the New Year. Find out which phones are affected in this article and what that means for your device.
WhatsApp won’t work on these Smartphones!
Currently, WhatsApp supports Android 4.1 and above, iOS 12 and above, and KaiOS 2.5.0 and above (including JioPhone and JioPhone 2).
Here is a list (via GizChina) of 49 phones that won’t be able to run WhatsApp after December 31.
- Apple: iPhone 5, iPhone 5c
- Samsung: Galaxy S2, Galaxy Ace 2, Galaxy Core, Galaxy S3 mini, Galaxy Trend II, Galaxy Trend Lite, Galaxy Xcover 2
- LG: Optimus L5 Dual , Optimus L4 II, Optimus L4 II Dual, Optimus L5, Optimus L5 II, Optimus L7, Optimus L7 II, Optimus L7 II Dual, Optimus Nitro HD,Optimus L3 II, Optimus L3 II Dual, LG Enact, Optimus 4X HD, Optimus F3, Lucid 2, Optimus F3Q, Optimus F5, Optimus F6, Optimus F7, Optimus L2 II,
- Sony: Xperia miro, Xperia Arc S, Xperia Neo L
- Huawei: Ascend G740, Ascend P1, Ascend Mate, Ascend D, Ascend D1, Ascend D2,
- HTC Desire 500
- Wiko Cink Five
- Wiko Darknight ZT
- Memo ZTE V956
- Quad XL
- Lenovo A820
- Archos 53 Platinum
- Grand S Flex ZTE
- Grand X Quad V987 ZTE
The newer version of Android and iOS have taken over the smartphone market, leaving those with older phones behind. If you are one of them, consider upgrading your phone to keep up with all the new features and apps available on modern smartphones. If you are still using an older model, let us know in the comments below! Thanks for reading!