One of the most anticipated updates to Minecraft is now available, and it’s been in the works for a long time. The Minecraft 1.20 snapshot 22w45a improves bamboo blocks, upgrades an existing hostile mob, and tweaks a significant game feature. Here are more details on everything this snapshot offers.
Table of Contents
Bamboo Blocks Family has just gotten even better.
The developers behind Minecraft are known for paying attention to the fanbase’s requests, and the latest snapshot is no exception. The highly requested bamboo and stripped bamboo blocks are now a part of Minecraft 1.20. They look like a bunch of bamboo tied together, which completes this new wood family.
You’ll need nine pieces of bamboo in your inventory to craft a block of bamboo. First, place them on the crafting table and then use an axe to make them into stripped bamboo blocks.
In the newest version of Minecraft, the crafting recipe for bamboo planks is entirely different from before. To craft them now, you will have to place a block of bamboo on the crafting table to turn it into planks. It’s worth noting that with other wood blocks in Minecraft, you will get 4 planks per log, making bamboo rather expensive.
(Also see: Best Faction Servers for Minecraft)
Vex Is Eventually Taking the Form of Allay
There has always been a debate over which mob the chicken is most like. Some say it’s like the Vex since they are both tiny and fly. However, they are nothing other than flight. The latest Minecraft update brought the Vex up to current standards, and now they look more like chickens.
In this next iteration of the vex, they appear to be a more sinister version of themselves with a darker look. It may be due to its new wings, which are smaller than the original and resemble that of the Allay. Even with their decreased size, their hitbox was increased slightly to make them easier to shoot down. Lastly, as the original vexes, their skin will turn red when they spot an enemy (you) and chase you relentlessly.
Other major changes Minecraft 1.20 Snapshot 22w45a
The only new blocks coming in Minecraft 1.20 snapshot 22w45a are bamboo and the Vex design, which have been refreshed. But there will be many changes to the game as well:
- The new default skins are now available offline. You no longer need an Internet connection to use them!
- Shulker boxes might not contain the items you want, depending on what you’re looking for. If this is the case, they’ll delete the contents of their inventory, like torches, and place them on the ground instead.
- The Creative Inventory now has a dedicated color blocks tab that is easy to find.
- When creating an Operator Shirt, there is a dedicated toggleable tab in the Left Pane.
- To update our creative inventory, we’ve shuffled things around.
- This is the 12th version of resource packs.
Major bug fixes
- You can now help shift these waterlogged blocks by emptying a bucket of water onto them.
- Horses no longer freak out when passing through Nether portals.
- Worlds are always in sync with the Nether portals, so players never need to worry about desynchronization.
- When zooming out on a map, the tooltip for the resulting map displays the old zoom value rather than the new one.
- There is inconsistency in the eye level between regular piglins, zombie piglins, and piglin brutes.
The other bug fixes are listed in the changelog. But are you loving the new Vex design? Or do you prefer Allay’s looks? Let us know in the comments below! And while you’re at it, remember to share what you expect to see in Minecraft 1.20 snapshot.
Thumbnail Image: ECKOSOLDIER/YouTube